Written by: Kelly Meade (11/17/2016)
Country Faith Volume 2 brings together music by some of today’s biggest country stars with songs about real life and keeping your faith strong through trying times.
The album opens with “Pray About Everything” which appeared on Luke Bryan’s debut album and has been a personal favorite of mine since I first heard it there. The simple, but truthful lyrics remind us prayer is the best thing we can do as we bring our worries & burdens to God. Every time I listen to it, I am reminded of the passage of scripture in Matthew 6:25-34 which tells us not to worry about material things or matters beyond our control.
“I Saw God Today” by George Strait portrays a man who is soaking in the joy of being a new father after having witnessed the birth of his child. The event opens his eyes to the wonder of God’s creation all around him as he takes time to appreciate the blessings in the little things.
Brad Paisley’s “When I Get Where I’m Going”, featuring Dolly Parton, gives hope to those who have lost loved ones knowing that they will see them again someday in heaven.
“Believe” by Brooks & Dunn tells the story of a man who befriends and older gentleman that shows him what it means to have faith & truly believe in God’s Word & His promises.
Phil Vassar’s “This is God” is an eye opening look at the brokenness of the world around us and how we treat each other as human beings.
Two bonus tracks are exclusively available on the Cracker Barrel edition of the album which will be sold in Cracker Barrel stores across the country. One of those tracks is Mo Pitney’s rendition of “Give Me Jesus” which allows his classic country sound to shine.
As with most compilations, each of these songs are available on the individual artists albums, but it is nice to have them all included in one collection. Some may be familiar to listeners, while others you may be hearing for the first time on this album. Regardless, the songs featured on Country Faith Volume 2 reach across genre barriers and remind us of Christ’s presence in all situations.
Label: Word Entertainment
- Luke Bryan “Pray About Everything (3:16)
- Michael Ray “Real Men Love Jesus” (3:11)
- Wade Hayes “What’s a Broken Heart For You” (3:19)
- Lee Ann Womack “Stubborn” (Psalm 151) (4:06)
- George Strait “I Saw God Today” (3:24)
- Brad Paisley feat. Dolly Parton “When I Get Where I’m Going” (4:05)
- John Michael Montgomery feat. Alison Krauss and Dan Tyminski “The Little Girl” (3:52)
- Drew Baldridge “Tractors Don’t Roll” (3:48)
- Brooks & Dunn “Believe” (5:38)
- LeAnn Rimes “I Need You” (3:45)
- Phil Vassar “This is God” (3:33)
- Wynonna “Live with Jesus” (2:18)
- Shenandoah “Hallelujah for the Cross” (3:51)
- *American Young “God Sends a Train” (3:59)
- *Mo Pitney “Give Me Jesus” (4:05)
15 Tracks, 56:10
* Notes Cracker Barrel Edition Only
Buy on Amazon
More from Country Faith:
- Country Faith Volume 1 (2013)
- Country Faith Christmas (2015)
- Country Faith Hymns (2016)
Links for Country Faith: