Written by: Kelly Meade (4/27/18)
As an expansion of Bethel Music, Bethel Music Kids have rebranded themselves Bright Ones releasing a new album by the same name which features a collection of worship songs performed by nine kids ages 12-16 with many of them being related to members of the Bethel Music team.
“Bright Ones” draws from the words of Matthew 5:16 which state; “In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” It inspires us as we set out to illuminate the darkness of the world with the love of Christ.
“You’re Gonna Be Ok” encourages listeners to keep pressing on through the low points of life remembering that little by little, it will get better and a new day will dawn.
“Let My Life” offers a modern twist on the classic hymn as it infuses the familiar prayer of surrendering your life to God with choir vocals and hip-hop rhythms.
“Never Gonna Stop” reiterates God’s faithfulness in our lives as it notes that no matter where we roam, He will never stop calling our hearts back to Him.
“For The One” is a prayer that we may show God’s love in all we do as well as a song of praise for all God is and has done.
Closing track “I Will Tell The Nations” boldly declares the desire to share the Word and hope of our Savior as a result of experiencing His grace and mercy.
While many of the electronic beats and effects can be distracting at times, the message of each song still shines through. Overall, Bright Ones is an album that will appeal to the younger audience it is intended for giving them a positive & faith-filled alternative to a lot of what’s offered on today’s radio as well as something that parents and caregivers can listen to with the children in their lives.
Released: April 27, 2018
Label: Bethel Music
- Bright Ones (feat. Peyton Allen & Esther Freeman) (3:29)
- Get Your Hopes Up (feat. Peyton Allen) (3:43)
- You’re Gonna Be Ok (feat. Tea Johnson) (4:24)
- No Longer Slaves (feat. Peyton Allen & Josie Buchanan) (3:56)
- We Dance (feat. Peyton Allen & Josie Buchanan) (3:54)
- Let My Life (feat. Chloe Vassallo) (3:53)
- Never Gonna Stop (feat. Sydney Allen) (3:51)
- Spirit Move (feat. Josie Buchanan) (4:31)
- Magnetic (feat. Elianna Hedge) (4:16)
- He Loves Me All the Time (feat. Sydney Allen) (3:31)
- Who You Are (feat. Peyton Allen, Judah Valenzuela, Elianna Hedge & Esther Freeman) [Bright Ones Version] (4:42)
- For the One (feat. Judah Valenzuela & Bekah Riddle) (4:00)
- I Will Tell Nations (4:20)
13 Tracks, 53:00
Buy on iTunes
More from Bright Ones (formerly known as Bethel Music Kids):
- Come Alive (Deluxe Version) (2015)
- Bethel Music Kids Christmas Party EP (2016)